Connect with us

Published

on


Alexis C. Glenn-Pool/Getty Images

Former president Barack Obama responded indirectly to leaked text messages that reveal Hunter Biden is comfortable using a racial slur among his friends.

Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

In a new interview with Anderson Cooper, Obama praised his daughters, Sasha, left, and Malia, right, for their personal views on “cancel culture,” saying his girls don’t expect everyone to be perfect.

“[T]hey have a pretty good sense of ‘Look, we don’t expect everybody to be perfect. We don’t expect everybody to be politically correct all the time, but we are going to call out institutions or individuals if they are being cruel.'”

Some social media users suggest Obama knew the texts would leak, and he was getting ahead of the scandal by rationalizing Hunter’s behavior as imperfect.

“If @DonaldJTrumpJr had just ONE text like this, the media mob would be enraged!!! Where is the #cancelculture,” wrote one Twitter user.

Another user wrote: “Imagine if this were Don Jr.

The overload of outrage would break Twitter.”

Exclusive emails obtained by DailyMail.com reveal Hunter Biden used the N-word in multiple text messages to his white attorney, George Mesires.

The U.S. president’s son dropped the N-word multiple times in text messages to his own lawyer — who didn’t object to the word.

In a December 2018 text exchange, Hunter, 51, wrote, “How much money do I owe you. Becaause [sic] ni**a you better not be charging me Hennessy rates.”

In another text exchange with his attorney, Hunter wrote: “And I only love you because you’re black.”

His attorney replied: “It’s so annoying when you interject with frivolity.”

Hunter responded: “True dat ni**a.”

So far, Mesires has not commented on the brewing scandal publicly.

As of Wednesday, only Fox News, Yahoo News, the Washington Examiner and the NY Post had covered Hunter’s text message scandal.

Twitter user and conservative journalist Benny (@bennyjohnson) wrote:

“Weird how everyone who screamed about ‘racism’ & ‘white supremacy’ for the last 4 years are completely *silent* about member of the First Family Hunter Biden using the N-word multiple times along with racist stereotypes & memes.

Isn’t this what you have been waiting for?”



Entertainment

Atlanta boy placed in DFCS custody after disturbing video goes viral

Published

on

By


Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

A boy who is seen being abused in a viral video on social media has been placed in the custody of the Georgia Division of Family & Children Services (DFCS).

In the video, the boy is verbally and physically abused by family members, including his own mother, because he has feminine tendencies.

The video shows the word “gay” shaved into the side of the child’s head.

Atlanta police said the video was shared thousands of times on social media before someone notified the authorities.

A number of Atlanta residents helped police locate the boy, named Tyler.

“The behavior in this social media post was difficult to watch and is absolutely unacceptable,” a spokesperson for the Atlanta Police Department said.

A GoFundMe account was created by Hope Giselle, a local LGBT rights activist, and Devin Barrington-Ward, who is running for Atlanta City Council.

“Tyler is now free from the traumatic experience of dealing and engaging with his biological family and is in the hands of the Atlanta DFACS,” a statement on the GFM page reads.

“We’ve all had the chance to witness the story of Tyler. A boy whose viral video of public humiliation based on his sexuality inflicted by his family has rocks both the LGBT and the black community via social media for the last two days. Community activist, celebrities, and organizers of all kinds have gathered together to ensure that Tyler is no longer is an occupant of the violent home featured in the video however, the story does not stop there.”

 

Posted in Crime

Tags: child abuse, Child Protective Services, crimes against children, viral video



Continue Reading

Entertainment

1619 Project founder Nikole Hannah-Jones REFUSES to teach at UNC Chapel Hill after ‘powerful donor’ blocked her tenure

Published

on

By


Marcus Ingram/Getty Images

Nikole Hannah-Jones is refusing to teach at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill after her tenure was blocked following her controversial work on the 1619 Project.

The 1619 Project is named for the year the first African slaves were brought to the English colony of Virginia.

Nikole Hannah-Jones won a Pulitzer Prize for her work on the 1619 Project, a collection of essays, podcasts and poems developed by Hannah-Jones, writers from The New York Times, and The New York Times Magazine.

The 1619 Project “aims to reframe the country’s history” by declaring the birth of the nation occurred when African slaves first arrived on America’s shores.

Scholars criticized the 1619 Project, and even The New York Times disputed the date of the arrival of the first enslaved Africans.

© CORBIS/Corbis /Getty Images

In this historical photo, freed slaves are pictured on the deck of the USS Vermont. The U.S. Navy hired freed slaves during the Civil War in 1861.

Last year, Hannah-Jones was invited to teach at her alma mater the UNC’s Hussman School of Journalism as the Knight Chair in Race and Investigative Journalism.

The Knight Chair is usually offered tenure — a guaranteed permanent teaching position at the school.

The last two Knight Chairs were granted tenure upon their appointments.

However, Hannah-Jones was furious to learn her application for tenure had been rejected by the University Board of Trustees.

Walter E. Hussman Jr., a millionaire news mogul who donated $25 million to the journalism school named after him, was among the donors who objected to Hannah-Jones’ hiring.

The donors criticized the validity of the 1619 Project and questioned Hannah-Jones’s credentials.

The decision faced backlash from her peers in the new industry, students and athletes, who wrote letters supporting her.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Rapper Kodak Black angers Kobe Bryant fans with helicopter tribute

Published

on

By


Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

Kodak Black probably shouldn’t have used a helicopter when paying tribute to the late NBA icon Kobe Bryant.

The rapper angered Kobe’s fans when he celebrated his 24th birthday on Instagram by sharing photos of a helicopter wrapped in the Lakers team colors.

His brand new Tesla Model X car is also customized with the team’s yellow and purple.

In the caption, Kodak Black wrote: “I’m Ouchea 24 a Day I’m Like KOBE #KtB @kobebryant… #HappyBirthdayKodak Out Now.”

Kobe’s fans let Kodak know that the helicopter tribute was inappropriate in the comments section. One fan wrote: “The helicopter not sitting right w me.”

Another wrote: “The man and his daughter died in one.”

And a third user wrote: “I think the helicopter was a little to much.”

But some of Kodak’s followers defending his tribute.

Instagram user @maximusbuckets wrote: “He honoring him if anything.”

Elsa/Getty Images

Kobe and his daughter, Gianna, 13, died tragically in a fiery helicopter crash in Calabasas, California in January 2020.

Kodak also angered his fans last week when he said he wants President Donald Trump back in the White House.

Posted in Celebrity

Tags: celebrity news, custom cars, Kobe Bryant, Kodak Black, LA Lakers



Continue Reading
Advertisement
Entertainment10 mins ago

Atlanta boy placed in DFCS custody after disturbing video goes viral

Entertainment1 hour ago

1619 Project founder Nikole Hannah-Jones REFUSES to teach at UNC Chapel Hill after ‘powerful donor’ blocked her tenure

Entertainment3 hours ago

Rapper Kodak Black angers Kobe Bryant fans with helicopter tribute

Entertainment18 hours ago

Celebs Out & About: Lori Harvey, Naomi Osaka & Cordae, Justin & Hailey Bieber, Irina Shayk, A-Rod, and more

Entertainment20 hours ago

Texas homeowners complain that their thermostats are being accessed remotely and turned up to save energy

Entertainment21 hours ago

Sha’Carri Richardson Thanks Lesbian Lover After Qualifying for Olympics

Entertainment22 hours ago

Trick Daddy says Beyonce can’t sing, and Jay Z purchased some of his hit records

Entertainment23 hours ago

WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION SAYS DO NOT GIVE EXPERIMENTAL COVID SHOTS TO CHILDREN

Entertainment24 hours ago

Carl Nassib first active NFL player to come out as openly LGBT+ since Michael Sam

Entertainment1 day ago

USA Sprinter Sha’Carri Richardson says her biological mother died last week

Entertainment1 day ago

Jaden Smith to be honored by UCLA for his environmental activism

Entertainment1 day ago

Chris Brown Under Investigation for Allegedly Assaulting Woman

Entertainment2 days ago

Rapper Wiz Khalifa tapped to play George Clinton in ‘Spinning Gold’ film

Entertainment2 days ago

Atlanta Hawks Eliminate Philadelphia 76ers in Epic Game 7

Entertainment2 days ago

NJ waitress, 20, abducted and assaulted after she chased 5 diners who skipped out on $70 bill (Video)

Facebook

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2021 The Nashville Celebrity