Connect with us
Avatar

Published

on


Instagram/@Beyonce

Beyonce‘s charity is donating $1,000 each to Texas residents affected by the deadly winter storms.

The mom-of-three is pictured above posing shirtless under an unzipped jacket in an ad campaign for her Ivy Park x Adidas clothing line.

Snow storms – including Winter Storm Uri – brought record low temperatures to the state, leaving several dead and millions of Americans without power, heat, and clean water.

Widespread blackouts were reported across the state since last week.

Houston native Beyonce and her BeyGOOD foundation joined forces with Adidas and the city’s food poverty non-profit Bread of Life to offer financial assistance to those who are in crisis.

Applications for up to $1,000 can be made via Bread of Life’s Disaster Relief Assistance Application Form.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram/@Beyonce

The “Halo” hitmaker – who shares 9-year-old daughter Blue Ivy and three-year-old twins, Sir and Rumi Carter, with husband Jay-Z – wrote on her Instagram Story: “BeyGOOD and Adidas are working with Bread of Life to bring urgent relief to those suffering as a result of the winter storms. If you are in Texas or any state affected by these storms, you can apply for assistance at breadoflife.org/disasterrelief.”

In December, BeyGOOD donated $500,000 to people at risk of eviction owing to the current COVID-19 crisis.

BeyGOOD has also supported black-owned small businesses amid the Covid-19 outbreak, as well as donating $6 million to mental health wellness.

Charitable donations are eligible for huge tax write-offs come tax time.
 

Copyright Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the photograph(s) or video(s) used in this post. Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” of photographs for purposes such as parody, criticism, commentary, news reporting, education, and research.


Advertisement
Comments

Entertainment

Following Deadly Texas Blackouts, ERCOT Terminates Its CEO

Avatar

Published

on

By


Following the deadly blackouts that left millions of people without electricity and heat for days in subfreezing conditions, the Texas power grid president and CEO has been terminated.

On Wednesday, The board of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, responsible for 90% of the state’s power, sent Bill Magness a two-month notice of termination.

During one of the worst blackouts in US history, the state’s top utility regulator resigned on Monday.

In a statement, the organization said, “During this transition period, Bill will continue to serve as President and CEO and work with state leaders and regulators on potential reforms to ERCOT.”

Magness was slammed during the blackouts that started Feb. 15 when a winter storm plunged temperatures into the single digits, creating skyrocketing demand for electricity to heat homes. Magness made over $876,000 in salary and other benefits in 2019.

As the system buckled, grid operators disconnected more than 4 million customers, which Magness claims was important to avoid a more devastating outage that might have lasted months.

During the storm, the power grid was “four minutes 37 seconds away from total collapse,” suggesting the Lone Star State may have been without power for weeks.

In his opening remarks at a recent board meeting, Magness said, “This was a devastating event.” He said,  “Power is essential to civilization.”

KHOU reported that during the storm, 356 generators were knocked inactive, nearly doubling what Texas witnessed during its last big winter storm in 2011.

 




Continue Reading

Entertainment

Mariah Carey’s Brother Suing Over False Claims In Memoir

Avatar

Published

on

By


Mariah Carey is being sued by another one of her siblings, Morgan Carey, for falsely accusing him of being a violent person in her memoir, “The Meaning of Mariah Carey.”

Morgan is the second Carey family member to sue her over the book, following Mariah’s sister Alison, who described it as containing “cruel and outrageous allegations.”

In legal documents obtained by TMZ, Morgan alleges that Mariah damaged his reputation when she wrote about an alleged violent struggle he had with their father and an alleged attack against their mother.

The lawsuit includes a passage from the memoir that reads: “It took twelve cops to pull my brother and father apart. The big bodies of men, all entangled like a swirling hurricane, crashed loudly into the living room. I was a little girl with very few memories of a big brother who protected me. More often, I felt I had to protect myself from him, and sometimes I would find myself protecting my mother from him too.”

Morgan believes Mariah’s account of the fight portrays him as a violent man and claims actual fights with his father never occurred when Mariah was a child. In either case, he claims that 12 cops would never respond to a domestic violence complaint.

According to the documents, Mariah’s memoir also alleges, “Suddenly there was a loud, sharp noise, like an actual gunshot. My brother had pushed my mother with such force that her body slammed into the wall, making a loud cracking sound.”

Morgan insists it’s all a lie, claiming that many people experienced his “deep affection” for his mother and claims that Mariah contradicted herself later in the book when she recalled her mother saying, “Morgan is the only one I love.”

He’s suing his younger sister for slander and deliberate infliction of emotional distress, and it appears that he’s seeking a large sum of money in damages.

 

 




Continue Reading

Entertainment

Rapper charged with hunting, killing man on LGBT+ dating app

Avatar

Published

on

By


An Indianapolis rapper is being charged with first-degree murder in the death of a 39-year-old man he met via a dating app.

Diabolique Paris Johnson, 34, was arrested in the shooting death of Joshua J. Smelser in the victim’s home in Detroit last September.

After shooting Smelser multiple times, witnesses saw Johnson leave the man’s home with his backpack, which contained his wallet, credit cards and cellphone.

Photo may have been deleted

Johnson, a down low aspiring rapper (pictured), is also accused of robbing a 26-year-old man four days earlier at a hotel in Dearborn.

Both victims were Caucasian men who were “hunted” by Johnson on same-sex dating apps, police say.

Johnson was arrested in Indianapolis on December 4 and extradited to Michigan this week, WDIV reported.

He was charged with one count of first-degree murder and one count of felony firearm possession.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy joined forces with the Fair Michigan Justice Project, an organization that helps law enforcement investigate crimes against the LGBT+ community.

Posted in Crime

Tags: armed robbery, crime news, gay dating app, gay rapper, gun violence


Continue Reading

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 The Nashville Celebrity by TSD