Connect with us
Avatar

Published

on


Jason Kempin/Getty Images

Social media tried to cancel Morgan Wallen for using the n-word, but the attempt backfired when the country singer’s fans rallied behind him and his music sales skyrocketed.

Now Wallen says he regrets using the racially offensive word — and he wants his fans to stop using it also.

The 27-year-old Tennessee native was captured on video calling someone a “pu**y ass n*gger” outside his Nashville home on Tuesday, Feb. 2.

After the video went viral on TMZ, the “Cancel Culture” came for Wallen on social media, tagging radio stations to stop playing his music.

Following the public backlash, Wallen’s record label dropped him and he was also dropped by his talent agency WME.
 

 

Radio corporations including iHeartMedia and Cumulus Media pulled his music from radio airwaves, according to Forbes.com.

Country Music Television (CMT) also issued a statement, saying the channel was working to remove the singer on its platforms.

But, in the midst of all the public shaming and cancelations, Wallen’s music streaming sales soared to new heights.

Billboard says Wallen’s catalog of albums and songs sales increased by 339% compared to sales on Feb. 2. And his album sales rose 593% compared to sales on Feb. 2.

Wallen shared a five-minute video on Instagram, in which he asked his fans to stop defending him.

“The video you saw was me on hour 72 of 72 of a bender, and that’s not something I’m proud of either,” he said. “Obviously the natural thing to do is to apologize…”

The country singer said he’s been sober for 9 days.

“And lastly, I have one favor to ask: I appreciate those who still see something in me and have defended me. But for today, please don’t. I was wrong. It’s on me to take ownership for this and I fully accept any penalties I’m facing. The time of my return is solely upon me and the work I put in.”

He ended his apology with a Bible verse from 1 Corinthians 13:11 – “When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

“That’s what I’m a be doing for the next little bit. God bless.”

Wallen is best known for competing in the sixth season of The Voice in 2014.
 




Advertisement
Comments

Entertainment

A Pack Of Dogs Mauled A Woman To Death After Escaping From Neighbor’s Yard

Avatar

Published

on

By


A woman was killed by a pack of dogs that allegedly escaped from a neighbor’s yard. 

According to Newsweek, a pack of “vicious” dogs attacked a woman identified as Deann Stephenson last month, and now her family is pursuing legal action. On February 15 in the afternoon, Stephenson was walking to a corner store in Porter, Texas, when four dogs attacked her, KPRC-TV reports. 

Newsweek reports that dogs seemed to have escaped from a neighbor’s front yard. The woman died after she was taken to Montgomery County’s Kingwood Hospital. Stephenson and her family had just moved to the area about a year before the incident. Stephenson leaves behind her husband, who is disabled, and one son. 

No details about the woman’s injuries or the breed of the dogs have been clarified. The family has hired Patrick O’Hara in their legal suit. “No criminal charges have been filed against the dog owner. This is horrific, these dogs should have been put down years ago and I believe that blood is on the hands of Montgomery County,” O’Hara told KPRC-TV on March 1. 

According to interviews from the victim’s neighbors, the same dogs have also attacked other residents in the community, one of which was a child. O’Hara, who facilitated the interviews, said he would be filing a lawsuit this week. No defendant has been confirmed. Stephenson’s son and relatives believe the owners should be held responsible. 

“I believe my mom deserves justice. She always took care of me. I think she would want me to fight for her,” said Keaton Clark.




Continue Reading

Entertainment

Mike Brown’s Father, Ferguson Organizers Requests $20M from BLM

Avatar

Published

on

By


Scott Olson/Getty Images

Michael Brown Sr., the father of slain 18-year-old Michael Brown Jr., is requesting a portion of the $90 million Black Lives Matter received in donations in 2020.

Michael Jr. was killed by a white police officer in the St, Louis suburb of Ferguson, Missouri on August 9, 2014.

His death sparked months of sometimes violent protests in Ferguson and helped launch BLM as a Democratic Party political fundraising machine.

Mike Brown Sr. is pictured above (center) addressing the crowd during a memorial service marking the 1st anniversary of his son’s death on Aug. 9, 2015 in Ferguson.

The International Black Freedom Alliance tweeted that Mike Brown Sr. “has received only $500” from BLM.

According to a report by theGrio.com, the Black Lives Matter organization received $90 million in funding in the aftermath of the deaths of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and others.

BLM co-founder Patrisse Cullors claimed she is “reinvesting the money,” to build “out the institution we’ve been trying to build for the last seven and a half years.”

As more questions are raised about the disbursal of the funds, BLM announced a “Survival Fund” for Black people to apply for 3,000 micro grants of $1,000 each, no strings attached.

At least 300 people had been approved for grants as of last week, according to VladTV.

Brown Sr. has requested $20 million from BLM organizers as a good faith gesture, since they used his son’s death as a catalyst for change.

Brown Sr. has stated that he hopes to use the $20 million for the Chosen For Change Foundation, the Mike Brown Community Center, organizing grants for Ferguson protests and activists, various programs and services in the Black community, and the annual Aug. 9 commemorations of Brown’s death.


Continue Reading

Entertainment

Rapper OMB Peezy Arrested In Connection With Roddy Ricch & 42 Dugg Video Set Shooting

Avatar

Published

on

By


Alabama rapper OMB Peezy was arrested Monday in connection to the shooting that occurred during a video shoot with rappers Roddy Ricch and 42 Dugg in Atlanta.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, OMB Peezy, real name LeParis Dade, was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crimeDade, 24, was taken into custody by U.S. Marshalls and booked into Fulton County Jail.

According to Fulton County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Tracy Flanagan, he is still behind bars on a $60,000 bond. He must surrender his passport and agree to wear an ankle monitor before he is eligible to post bond.

The shooting took place on February 21 at 598 Well Street, where the rappers were filming a music video. Three people were injured during the gunfire but were in stable condition. Neither Roddy Ricch nor 42 Dugg was injured during the incident. One man was arrested at the scene on drug charges but is not considered a suspect in the shooting.

OMB Peezy’s new album, Too Deep for Tears, is scheduled to be released on Friday.




Continue Reading

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 The Nashville Celebrity by TSD