Connect with us
Avatar

Published

on


On Thursday,  Former San Francisco 49er Dana Stubblefield was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison for raping a developmentally disabled woman who prosecutors said he lured to his home with the promise of a babysitting job.

The Mercury News reported that a San Jose judge issued the sentence after denying a defense motion for a new trial. Last week, the Sixth District Court of Appeal denied a relation petition filed on behalf of Stubblefield by his attorneys.

In July, a Jury found 49-year old Stubblefield, guilty of raping the woman at gunpoint. He was also convicted of forcible oral copulation and false imprisonment. Stubblefield has been held in the Santa Clara County Main Jail since the verdict.

Prosecutors say that a day before the assault Stubblefield contacted the woman on a baby-sitting website to arrange an interview.

In a report by the Morgan Hill Police Department, they found that the interview lasted about 20 minutes. The victim went back to the home shortly after receiving a text message from Stubblefield saying that he wanted to pay her for her time that day.

According to the report, Stubblefield raped her, gave her $80, and let her go. The woman immediately went to the police and reported the rape. The report also showed that DNA evidence matched that of Stubblefield’s.

The defense attorneys argued that there was no rape and that the woman had consented to the sex.

Stubblefield’s trial attorney, Allen Sawyer, said the defense team was stopped from showing the jury strong evidence that would have supported the contention.

After the sentencing, Sawyer emphasized that the jury rejected two felony charges alleging that Stubblefield exploited a woman who was mentally incapable of providing consent to sex. He said, “We proved it, and the jury found that was not true.” He added, “That false narrative corrupted this trial from start to finish.”




Entertainment

Mitch McConnell Say He Would ‘Absolutely’ Support Donald Trump If He Captures The Republican Presidential Nomination In 2024

Avatar

Published

on

By


Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell says he would “absolutely” support disgraced Donald Trump if he were to run for president in 2024.

On Thursday, McConnell contradicted his recent words toward Trump, saying that the 2024 presidential election would be a “wide-open race” and said that if Trump gained the Republican nomination, he would definitely support him. “The nominee of the party? Absolutely,” said McConnell, according to CNN.

However, a few weeks ago, McConnell condemned Trump’s involvement in the U.S. Capitol domestic terrorist attack that took place on Jan. 6. McConnell has contradicted himself when it comes to Trump on several occasions. He voted to acquit Trump but also called Trump’s actions during the domestic terrorist attack riot “a disgraceful, disgraceful dereliction of duty.”

“Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day,” said McConnell. He even suggested that Trump should be subject to criminal prosecution. Trump clapped back at McConnell, calling him “a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack.”

“He will never do what needs to be done or what is right for our Country. Where necessary and appropriate, I will back primary rivals who espouse Making America Great Again and our policy of America First. We want brilliant, strong, thoughtful, and compassionate leadership,” Trump said, CNN reports.

Utah Sen. Mitt Romney believes Trump will grab hold of the Republican nomination come 2024. “I’m pretty sure he will win the nomination,” Romney told The New York Times. “I look at the polls, and the polls show that, among the names being floated as potential contenders in 2024, if you put President Trump in there among Republicans, he wins in a landslide.”

Trump recently announced that he would be seeking the nomination at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando on Sunday, where he plans to address “the future of the Republican Party and the conservative movement.”




Continue Reading

Entertainment

King Von’s Manager Doesn’t Want To See His Killer Sent To Jail

Avatar

Published

on

By


King Von’s manager, Track, doesn’t want to see his client’s alleged shooter sent to jail.

Regardless of what Lul Tim, the alleged shooter, may believe, the rapper’s manager has no ill wish towards him.

During an interview with VLAD TV on Thursday, Track was asked if he felt justice was served when authorities arrested Quando Rondo’s ally Timothy Leeks, a.k.a Lul Tim, who was taken into custody for the murder of King Von.

“Honest truth, I wouldn’t wish jail on my worst enemies,” he responded.
“That’s just how I am, how I’m built. Honest truth, I could care – that’s his situation, and he gotta deal with it. That’s his team. Whatever’s going on with them, that’s on them.”

Track also said he has no resentment towards the “Crazy Story” rapper’s alleged killer nor any plans to get revenge.

“Me, personally, I know what I’m dealing with, with losing my brother and his family and just making sure we keep everything going,” he adds. “I don’t really think or even consider what’s going on on that side. That’s for them to figure out what they got going on.”

Von, 26, died last year following an altercation outside an Atlanta nightclub. The situation quickly escalated into gunfire, and the Chicago native was fatally shot.

Lul Tim’s involvement in the shooting was confirmed two weeks after Von died in Quando Rando’s song, “End of Story.”

“Lul Timmy riding right or wrong,” he raps, and claimed his friend was acting in self-defense, “Damn right we screaming self-defense, he shouldn’t’ve never put his hands on me/ Look at the footage, that’s all the evidence, see them p***y n***as shouldn’t’ve ran up on me.”




Continue Reading

Entertainment

Prince Harry Says “Toxic” British Media Led Him And Meghan To Leave Royal Family

Avatar

Published

on

By


Prince Harry sat down for a wide ranging interview with TV Host James Corden, that aired last night, and shared the real reason why he and his wife, Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, decided to leave the royal family and live in the United States.

The interview was conducted on top of a bus that drove around Los Angeles. Harry spoke candidly about many different topics including Netflix’s hit show “The Crown”, and revealed that it was the “toxic” British media that compelled him to take his family and leave.

“We all know what the British press can be like and it was destroying my mental health,” Harry said in the interview for “The Late Late Show With James Corden.”

“This is toxic,” Harry added, explaining the media had created a “really difficult” environment for the couple.

Earlier this month, Markle won a privacy lawsuit against a British media company, after they published parts of an intimate letter she had written to her estranged father. According to court documents, Meghan said the media’s intrusion had caused her “very real sadness” and damaged relationships.

Harry said he decided to move in order to protect his family, “I did what any husband and what any father would do — I need to get my family out of here,” he told James Corden.

He also said that while the couple will not be returning as active members of the royal family, Harry maintained that they “never walked away,” from the responsibilities of public service.

“As far as I’m concerned, whatever decisions are made on that side, I will never walk away. I will always be contributing but my life is public service, so wherever I am in the world it is going to be the same thing,” he said.




Continue Reading

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 The Nashville Celebrity by TSD