Connect with us
Avatar

Published

on


Florida family continues to mourn the loss of their beloved matriarch, who fostered over 300 kids and adopted seven after she passed away due to coronavirus-related complications.

Earlier this month, Susan (Sue) Braley, 66, had woken up one morning with a sore throat. Having suffered from a pre-existing condition, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, it was imperative that the Osceola County resident receive immediate attention.

Braley was rushed to the hospital due to low oxygen, CNN reported.

However, when her husband Dennis, 67, was sent and admitted to the same hospital that Sue was located at, the family learned that she had passed away.

“Right when he made it to the same hospital, that’s when she passed,” her grandson Thomas told the outlet.

Over 20-plus years, Sue made a significant impact in her community by dedicating herself to helping children.

“She’d say, ‘Carrie, as long as we have a home and love to give, we’re going to keep giving,’” Sue’s biological daughter, Carianne, 45, told the Orlando Sentinel.

“It was amazing,” added Charlyn Moore, the owner of a local private school. “Some families have enough after fostering for a year or two, but Dennis and Sue wanted to keep going.”

The family is hopeful that Dennis, who is currently in the ICU battling COVID-19, will make it through and have a full recovery.

“They’ve already lost their first family, this is their second family, and we have kids who are older who understand that,” said Thomas. “Like Jazmin, who’s 18 years old, she lost her mother, and now she’s lost her second mother. We don’t want them to go through that experience.”

Following her mother’s passing, Carianne started a GoFundMe page to raise money to help keep the family together, People magazine noted.

“Covid-19 has rapidly and unexpectedly affected our family,” she shared. “We are in immediate need to help fund family housing, shelter, food, clothes, and other urgent resources for the children so that they can stay together and are not displaced.”

“After all the family has been through, there is no greater way to honor the life and legacy of our beloved Susan than to make sure the children she cared so deeply about are able to stay together as a family,” she added.

As of Jan. 31, the fundraiser had raised more than $19,000.




Advertisement
Comments

Entertainment

Ethiopia Habtemariam Promoted To Chairman And CEO Of Motown Records

Avatar

Published

on

By


Ethiopia Habtemariam has been promoted to the chairman and CEO of Motown Records.

After six years serving as president of Motown Records, Habtemariam has officially been promoted to CEO. She will now report directly to Universal Music Group chairman and CEO Sir Lucian Grainge. As a part of Habtemariam’s promotion, she will now have more independent power.

Before her new title, Habtemariam managed Motown’s move from New York to Los Angeles in 2014, Yahoo! News reports. She will now move forward with Motown’s mission to develop partnerships with creative and entrepreneurial brands and entities, including Atlanta-based Quality Control Music (QC). The collaboration with QC has jumpstarted the careers of popular artists, including City Girls, Migos, Lil Baby, and more.

“Motown is such an important voice and, just as when it was founded by Berry Gordy, its impact continues to be felt around the world. Motown’s resurgence and powerful partnerships under Ethiopia’s leadership has advanced the label’s legacy as home to some of today’s biggest hitmakers and most meaningful voices in music,” said Grainge in a statement.

In response to the new move, Habtemariam called her promotion an “honor.”

“It’s an incredible honor to represent and define what Motown is today. I’ve always understood the power of music and the responsibility I have, not only to continue to be an advocate for artists and creators, but to forge new paths for entrepreneurs and to lift up our next generation of executives around the world. I’d like to thank Lucian for his constant support and guidance over the years; my Motown team for all they have done and continue to do; the Capitol team for their help in building Motown over these past six years; Clarence Avant who has always taught me about the power of responsibility; and to Mr. Berry Gordy, for his faith in me to carry on his legacy.”




Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘My Biggest Concern Was History Repeating Itself’

Avatar

Published

on

By


Prince Harry told Oprah Winfrey that he was scared “history would repeat itself” before leaving the royal family.

It’s been one year since Prince Harry and Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle exited Buckingham Palace following a slew of attacks from the British media. Now, in a new clip from the couple’s first full-length interview since their exit, Harry tells Winfrey that he was afraid his family would suffer the same scrutiny his mother, Princess Diana, did.

“For me, I’m just really relieved and happy to be sitting here talking to you with my wife by my side because I can’t begin to imagine what it must have been like for her going through this process by herself,” Harry said in the clip. “It’s been unbelievably tough for the two of us, but at least we had each other,” he added.

Diana’s mistreatment by the British media was heavily documented and has been portrayed on television for years, most recently in Netflix’s series “The Crown.” Harry has been very open about condemning media, highlighting the photographers who chased after his mother the night she died. Diana died in a car crash in 1997 as paparazzi were pursuing her.

The new interview is set to air on Sunday; Winfrey says nothing is off-limits. “Were you silent, or were you silenced?” Winfrey asks Markle in her separate interview. “You said some pretty shocking things here,” Winfrey said.

Despite what people may think, Harry says leaving the royal family was a moment for the couple to take a step back. “It was never walking away; it was stepping back, rather than stepping down,” he said in a 17-minute interview with James Corden last week. He added that his “life is always going to be about public service. Meghan signed up to that, and the two of us enjoy doing that.”

 

 




Continue Reading

Entertainment

Man Says He’s Kim Kardashian’s Husband, Tries To Break Into Her Home

Avatar

Published

on

By


A trespasser claiming to be Kim Kardashian’s husband tried to gain access into her Los Angeles home last week.

The unnamed 24-year-old man managed to breach the main entrance gate at Kardashian’s Hidden Hills home at approximately 6:30 p.m. on February 24th. However, he was stopped before he could enter the house. When security questioned him, he claimed that he was married to the “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star.

The security officers alerted law enforcement, who cited him for trespassing. The man was also placed on a 72-hour psychiatric hold but has since been released.

The ordeal was particularly frightening because it comes nearly four-and-a-half years after the 40-year-old beauty mogul was tied up and robbed by thieves in her Paris hotel room. Since then, she has noticeably increased her security, with guards at “every edge” of her property.

Neither Kim Kardashian nor her reps have publicly commented on the break-in attempt.




Continue Reading

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 The Nashville Celebrity by TSD