Connect with us
Avatar

Published

on


Joe Biden has extended the foreclosure moratorium, saving more than 10 million homeowners. 

The move was in response to struggling homeowners affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Insider reports that the moratorium on foreclosures was put in place last March when Donald Trump was still taking up the White House; it was set to expire in March. It now expires on June 30.

According to Insider, the White House sent out a statement saying the departments of Housing and Urban Development, Urban Affairs, and Agriculture are extending the ban another three months to help out more than 10 million homeowners who could not pay their mortgage during the pandemic. “President Biden is committed to protecting homeownership and housing stability as America begins to turn a painful crisis into a robust recovery,” the statement said. “Today’s extended forbearance and foreclosure programs are an important step towards building stronger and more equitable communities.”

On top of that, Biden will be extending the mortgage payment forbearance enrollment window until June 30. He will also give up to six months of additional mortgage payment forbearance for borrowers who went into forbearance on or before June 30. As for those who rent, Biden also extended the moratorium on evictions through March.

The outlet reports that Biden also includes more relief for homeowners and renters in his $2 trillion stimulus plan, including the Homeowners Assistance Fund. The fund will provide states with $10 billion to help homeowners who are financially hurting due to the pandemic. Biden has urged Congress to pass the law so that Americans can receive more help, Insider reports. “This relief is critical for homeowners with mortgages in the private market who are not able to take advantage of today’s actions and may face longer-term challenges.”

 




Advertisement
Comments

Entertainment

Keyshia Cole’s Sister, Elite Noel, Says Her Fans Got Her “Thinkin’ She Need To Change Her New Appearance To Make A Hit”

Avatar

Published

on

By


Earlier this week, singer Keyshia Cole made a social media post about opening her gap and asked viewers their thoughts; well, her sister Elite Noel decided to weigh in on the issue.

Apparently, when asked if bringing Keyshia’s gap back would help her career, Elite said she laughed. The whole thing is what she calls “insane,” and she wants someone to tell her sister to leave her gap closed (it ain’t that deep).

She went on her IG page to say, all Keyshia has to do is “open up her heart!”

“She can bring the red hair back, she can sing all the old love/hate songs that was introduced to us in the beginning….it ain’t gone work! She gotta get back to the Original Plan with the people she started wit….and I ain’t even talking about me, apologize to the band members u sh***ed on, the assistants, the nannies, the background singers, the dancers, all of the family members u sh***ed on! God gone take u back to the top, cause the heart will be free at that point……! And most importantly….your Mother (Frankie and Yvonne) deserves apologies and respect as well! Oh and bring MANNY Back….major (key)”

Elite also made two other story posts in which she mentioned that you “cannot blackball your family out of spite and think things are gonna go right for you!” She said God doesn’t like that type of energy and said, “it’s showing that HE’S NOT PLEASED.”

But she didn’t just call out her sister; she also turned to her fans, saying that they are the “worst” because they are “so worried about us and my mom being embarrassing.” Then claimed they are the reason Keyshia is self-destructing.

“She’s crying out for help left to right….keyshia different, always been different, never had to try to fit in or do the most to get noticed again! Naturally beautiful, voice naturally unique….y’all got her thinkin she need to change her new appearance back to make a HIT……lol that’s ludicrous!!!!!”

Thoughts?




Continue Reading

Entertainment

Johnson & Johnson’s Single-Dose Vaccine Approved By FDA For Emergency Use

Avatar

Published

on

By


The Food and Drug Administration has finally approved Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use, making it the third available vaccine approved to fight against the pandemic.

According to CNBC News, the FDA’s authorization came on Friday and will kickstart the federal government’s plan to send out nearly 4 million of its vaccine doses across the nation to pharmacies and community health centers next week.

The company’s vaccine is different from the other two approved companies, Pfizer and Moderna, whose vaccines require two doses, and the vaccines can be stored for a longer period of time in refrigerator temperatures.

J&J’s vaccine “makes it operationally easier in lots of contexts,” Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told the Journal of the American Medical Association during an informative briefing on Friday. “I expect lots of considerations state health departments are having around these vaccines is more about the ease of use of the J&J vaccine and how it might be better suited for some populations.”

The company says first-round doses will be limited, but it expects to distribute 20 million doses by the end of next month, a plan confirmed by its VP of U.S. medical affairs, Dr. Richard Nettles.

The company made a deal with the U.S. government to supply 100 million doses of its vaccine by the end of June. U.S. officials are working with J&J to increase its supply as quickly as possible, CNBC reported.

Officials are concerned about new emerging variants of the virus, focusing on the B.1.351 strain, which has been shown to reduce vaccines’ effectiveness.

The company submitted its Covid vaccine data to the FDA earlier this month. Apparently, the vaccine’s level of protection varies by region, with the shot demonstrating 66% effectiveness overall. It proved 72% in the U.S., 66% in Latin America, and 57% in South Africa, where the B.1.351 variant is surging. However, FDA documents report the vaccine was 64% effective in South Africa after about a month.




Continue Reading

Entertainment

LHHATL Star Couple Lil Scrappy And Bambi Expecting Third Child

Avatar

Published

on

By


Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta couple Lil Scrappy and Bambi are expecting baby number three!

Bambi posted a video to Instagram on Saturday dressed in a comfy-looking blue outfit. At first, she has her back to the camera, and then she flips her hair and turns to face the camera, baby bump on full display. 

The couple also shares a son, Breland, and a six-month-old daughter, Xylo. Scrappy also has a daughter, Emani, with fellow LHHATL Erica Dixon, who Bambi refers to as her “bonus child.”

Congratulations to Scrappy and Bambi!




Continue Reading

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 The Nashville Celebrity by TSD