Connect with us

Published

on


Matthew Stockman/Getty Images

Tennis superstar Naomi Osaka withdrew from the French Open after she was fined $15,000 and threatened with disqualification for refusing to take part in a press conferences.

The 23-year-old tennis champ, who plays for Japan, was a no-show during her post-match press conference on Sunday, May 30, after defeating Romania’s Patricia Maria Tig.

Chris Trotman/Getty Image

Tournament officials at Roland Garros threatened Naomi and warned her that higher fines and a possible suspension could be issued if she refused to speak to the press.

Osaka made headlines last week when she issued a statement saying she would skip post-match press conferences at the French Open, citing mental health concerns.

“I’ve often felt that people have no regard for athletes mental health and this rings very true whenever I see a press conference or partake in one.

“We’re often sat there and asked questions that we’ve been asked multiple times before or asked questions that bring doubt into our minds and I’m just not going to subject myself to people that doubt me.”

And in an email to French Open officials Naomi insisted her actions are “100 percent nothing against the French Open or even the press members themselves.”

Quinn Rooney/Getty Images

In a statement posted on social media on Sunday, the world’s No. 2 women’s tennis player wrote:

“Hey everyone, this isn’t a situation I ever imagined or intended when I posted a few days ago. I think now the best thing for the tournament, the other players and my well-being is that I withdraw so that everyone can get back to focusing on the tennis going on in Paris.

“I never wanted to be a distraction and I accept that my timing was not ideal and my message could have been clearer. More importantly I would never trivialize mental health or use the term lightly. The truth is that I have suffered long bouts of depression since the US Open in 2018 and I have had a really hard time coping with that.”

Tournament bosses released a statement that read: “We have advised Naomi Osaka that should she continue to ignore her media obligations, she would be exposing herself to possible further code of conduct infringement consequences.”

Officials said “repeat violations” could result in “tougher sanctions including default from the tournament and the trigger of a major offense investigation that could lead to more substantial fines and future Grand Slam suspensions.”

Naomi was scheduled to play against Romania’s Ana Bogdan during the French Open on Wednesday.



Entertainment

‘RHOA’ star Falynn Guobadia: Michael Costello killed my modeling career

Published

on

By


Photo may have been deleted

Instagram, Getty Images

If you wondered why Falynn Guobadia isn’t sashaying down runways during Fashion Week, she blames Michael Costello for killing her career.

The ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ friend shared an alleged incident with the fashion designer that led her to quit modeling.

Falynn said the ‘Project Runway’ designer made her feel “uncomfortable and inadequate” when she was a young model.

“[Because] of this traumatic experience, unfortunately, it was the end of my pursuit to become a fashion model,” she wrote.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

Falynn, a 31-year-old mother of four, said she auditioned for Costello’s fashion show at LA Fashion Week at age 23. She was instructed to bring a particular type of underwear.

However, when she showed up on the day of the event with the underwear, she learned she was shut out of the show.

“I see Michael and his sister talking in a corner and looking at me with this look on their faces as if I was the scum of the Earth,” she wrote.

“Then, in front of all of the models and his team, they come over to me and say, ‘Someone was supposed to call you. We don’t need you for the show and have nothing for you to wear.’

“All of the models gasped and covered their faces. I was embarrassed and ashamed. I ran outside and cried for two hours. I never auditioned to model again.”

Falynn is going through a messy divorce from Simon Guobadia who is engaged to RHOA star Porsha Williams.

Costello, 38, recently came under fire for allegedly calling Black fashion designer Maxie James the n-word.

WENN.com

Singer Leona Lewis also claims he was rude and body shamed her years ago. Lewis has since accepted Costello’s apology.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Kevin Samuels kicks Shekinah Jo off his show: ‘kick rocks b***h’

Published

on

By


Photo may have been deleted

YouTube

Kevin Samuels booted reality TV personality Shekinah Jo off his show after she appeared on camera in total darkness.

“You gotta come into the light,” he told her. But she refused, saying she feared he would rate her a “negative three.”

“Well if you’re a negative three then that’s what it is,” Samuels said before Shekinah responded, “But I’m not a negative three. I would never let you and no one else put me down.”

Prince Williams/ATLPics.net

The conversation grew heated when Samuels told Shekinah he wouldn’t lie to spare her feelings.

“Hey, calm down cutie,” said Shekinah, pictured right with former friend Tameka “Tiny” Harris.

“Kick rocks b****,” Samuels said, before ending the session.

Samuels then said, “You always wanna say something but you don’t wanna deal with it.”

Speaking about women in general, Samuels said:

“I’m tired of women wanting somebody to lie to them… Women like her have been coddled and lied to so much that the truth is offensive. So all they can do is laugh at it because it hurts too much because they know they’ve been lied to…

This is what it’s come to… You are what you are. You ladies don’t seem to like rankings, but you rank men. You are what you are. Like it or not… Y”all want somebody to tell you you’re all 10s.”

Mr. Samuels has grown a large following of mostly lonely women whom he berates and downgrades for clicks and views.

Samuels is a 51-year-old man who rates himself a “high value” nine out of 10. He has drawn criticism for rating Beyonce an 8 and calling women “b**ches.”
 

Source: VladTV

Posted in Celebrity

Tags: Kevin Samuels, Shekinah Jo, Youtube stars

Continue Reading

Entertainment

NBA Youngboy’s brother, OG 3Three, joins him in jail

Published

on

By


Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

Federal agents arrested NBA Youngboy‘s older brother OG 3Three (left) who was hiding under a house in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

A video circulating online shows officers with a K9 service dog dragging OG 3Three out from under the house where he was hiding.

OG’s brother, NBA Youngboy is in federal custody, being held without bail for possession of a firearm as a convicted felon. A judge recently denied Youngboy’s second request for bail.

It is unclear if his brother was arrested on the same charges.

NBA OG 3Three’s attorney allege that the rapper is being targeted by police and that his arrest came as a sting operation that police called “Never Free Again.”

Both OG 3Three, 23, and NBA Youngboy, 21, are affiliated with a street gang.

NBA Youngboy, real name Kentrell DeSean Gaulden, has six sons and two daughters to support while he sits in jail awaiting trial.

Posted in Crime

Tags: arrest, crime news, gang culture, NBA YoungBoy, OG 3Three, rappers in jail



Continue Reading
Advertisement

Facebook

Facebook

Trending

Copyright © 2021 The Nashville Celebrity