Connect with us
Avatar

Published

on


On Friday, Buckingham Palace announced that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry would not be returning to their royal roles.

The couple left their royal roles in March last year; they will no longer maintain their patronage as anticipated.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said, “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty The Queen that they will not be returning as working members of The Royal Family.” The statement continued, “Following conversations with The Duke, The Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of The Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.”

Prince Harry will lose his honorary military appointments, which will then be redistributed “among working members of The Royal Family.”

The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust, the Rugby Football Union, the Rugby Football League, the Royal National Theatre, and the Association of Commonwealth Universities are other trusts and sponsorships that will return to the Queen, 94.

Though Prince Harry and Meghan no longer use their prized titles of His/Her Highness, along with their titles of Duke and Duchess of Sussex, they will retain them.

In an announcement, Buckingham Palace said, “While all are saddened by their decision, The Duke and Duchess remain much-loved members of the family.”

Prince Harry and Meghan’s office said in their own statement that the pair “remain committed to their duty and service to the U.K. and around the world, and have offered their continued support to the organizations they have represented regardless of official role.”

The statement read: “We can all live a life of service. Service is universal.”

Originally, the couple’s probation period was not set to come to an end until March 31.

Sources told PEOPLE ahead of the announcement that the challenge of maintaining the royal roles stems from the couple’s business relationships with businesses such as Netflix and Spotify, partnerships that have helped them become financially independent. The Queen’s view is that “half in, half out” members of the royal family can not represent the Queen and the UK while pursuing personal financial objectives.

“It was clear to her from the start that a hybrid role is not an option.” a source previously noted to PEOPLE.

Despite losing his military titles, which sources tell PEOPLE would upset Harry, he would still have his Invictus Games Foundation, which also includes the Endeavour Fund, the Paralympic-style competitions for service members. He also maintains his personal charity, Sentebale, which he set up to help fight the HIV/AIDS pandemic in southern Africa with a friend of Prince Seeiso of Lesotho. In addition, Harry will continue working with WellChild, which helps sick kids and their families.

Mayhew, and Smart Works Charity, which provides women with professional apparel for job opportunities, will retain animal welfare charity with Meghan.

 

 




Advertisement
Comments

Entertainment

Mom Of 7-Month-Old Upset That Daycare Worker Gave The Baby To A Stranger

Avatar

Published

on

By


A Florida daycare is in hot water after a distraught mother filed an administrative complaint after her 7-month-old baby was handed over to a stranger by a staffer.

The Hillsborough County Child Care Licensing Office seeks to revoke Orient Road Child Development Center’s license to operate over the complaint, WFTS Tampa Bay News reported.

The mother, Trinity McCoggle, called 911 on January 25 after she arrived at the center to pick up her son, Adonis, who was not there.

McCoggle said that the staffer “went to the back to get him, and when she came back, she said, ‘He’s not here.’ I said, ‘What do you mean he is not here?’”

The baby had been given to another person who arrived at the facility earlier.

On the 911 call, McCoggle is heard screaming that her baby is missing.

The licensing office later confirmed that Adonis was handed over to a stranger who didn’t provide proper identification.

Within an hour, the stranger—a woman—who picked up Adonis returned him to the daycare. Trinity and deputies were there waiting.

Danice Donaldson, the owner of the daycare, responded to I-Team Investigator Jackie Callaway’s message, saying, “This child was the last child in the room, and when the elderly family member came, she pointed and said she came to pick up her grandson. The teacher who released the child never asked for ID as she assumed that she was the parent (family member or guardian).”

However, an investigation into the daycare revealed this wasn’t the first time it had misplaced a child, I-Team reported after reviewing county records over the last four years.

One incident involved a 4-year-old girl left inside a broken-down van. When the child woke up alone, she left the van and wandered inside a nearby building. Someone at the location called the sheriff’s office.

The licensing office cited the daycare with three class-one violations. The most serious violation was for leaving the child inside the van. The daycare was also hit with a $750 fine.

McCoggle said if she had known about the daycare’s previous violation, she “would have never taken my baby there.”

A year later, in 2018, two center inspections found several violations, including staff-to-children ratio issues.

The news outlet interviewed Child Care Licensing Manager Lisa Bragano earlier this month and was told that the center received another class one violation over what recently happened to 7-month-old Adonis.

A spokesperson for the county said that regulators conducted “a complete review of this incident and the facility’s compliance history, it was determined that revocation of the license is the appropriate action to take at this time.”

The attorney representing the daycare said that his client plans to appeal the county’s decision. The daycare has 15 days to respond to the administrative complaint that seeks to revoke its license.




Continue Reading

Entertainment

British Teen Found Dead Hours After Disclosing Rape To Her Friends

Avatar

Published

on

By


A British college student who disclosed that she was raped to her friends was found dead the next morning in her room.

The New York Post reports that Megan Younger-Watson, 17, was sexually assaulted after a night of drinking at the Grinning Rat Pub on February 15, 2019. Once the pub closed, the group of friends went to a flat party. It was there that Younger-Watson said she was raped. According to her friends, she told them on the way home about the attack and was “distraught.”

Younger-Watson was then carried upstairs twice by the night manager at the hostel and was ultimately left alone. Her friends called the police around 10 a.m. the next morning because she was not answering her door. Police found her dead inside.

Toxicology reports showed that Younger-Watson had cocaine, Ecstasy, and Xanax in her system when she died, but only low alcohol levels. Her cause of death was listed as compression of the neck, which is consistent with hanging.

Suffolk Police Det. Inspector Daniel Connick said that a male suspect was identified but that he was never brought to court. Connick acknowledged it was “apparent” that Younger-Watson had been “too intoxicated” to consent to sex, according to The Sun.

The teen suffered from anxiety, depression and also was diagnosed with PTSD from an abusive relationship early in her teens. She was studying performing arts at the Suffolk New College in Ipswich.

Her mother described her as “one of the most wonderful, bubbliest, happiest people you’d ever meet,” who put everyone else first. 




Continue Reading

Entertainment

Mr. Potato Head Is Now Gender Neutral

Avatar

Published

on

By


Don’t call it “Mister” anymore!

Hasbro, the company that makes the iconic potato-shaped plastic toy, announced earlier today that it is giving the spud a gender-neutral new name: “Potato Head.”

Toymakers are updating their classic brands to reflect the changing world and appeal to today’s kids.

Hasbro contends that Mr. Potato Head, a toy staple for about 70 years, needed the makeover. The gender-neutral change will begin appearing on boxes this year.

Hasbro is following in the footsteps of other major toy makers like Mattel, whose iconic blonde, blue-eyed Barbie image has now transformed into a multi-skin toned and body-shaped doll for everyone. Even American Girl now offers a male doll.

Hasbro also announced the launch of a “Create Your Potato Head Family” kit with two potato parents and a potato baby. In the video, the company said the kit was for “modern families” and featured various family makeups, including those with same-sex potato parents.

On their website, the company said, “Hasbro is making sure all feel welcome in the Potato Head world by officially dropping the Mr. from the Mr. Potato Head brand name and logo to promote gender equality and inclusion.”




Continue Reading

Most Popular

Copyright © 2020 The Nashville Celebrity by TSD