Connect with us



A Houston woman and an 8-year-old girl died of carbon monoxide poisoning after leaving a car running in a garage to generate heat.

ABC 13 reports that according to the Houston Police Department, officers and the fire department were called for a welfare check by a relative of the woman. When they arrived on the scene, they found four people in distress. The woman was dead in her car, and an 8-year-old girl was found dead inside the condominium.

An adult male and a 7-year-old boy were taken to an area hospital to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

“Initial indications are that (a) car was running in the attached garage to create heat as the power is out,” HPD said in a statement. “Cars, grills, and generators should not be used in or near a building.”

Texas has seen an uptick in carbon monoxide poisoning as Texans look for ways to keep warm after a recent winter storm. The storm knocked out power for millions in the state amid record low temperatures.

As stated on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is dangerous and can potentially kill you if inhaled.



‘Impossible to trace.’ Tech savvy dad may be holding daughter captive in WA, cops say





A father accused of kidnapping his teenage daughter 17 months ago could be holding her captive in Washington, but his technology skills are making it hard for authorities to find him, officials say.

Authorities say John Oliver Westbrook kidnapped his daughter, Daphne Westbrook, 17, in October 2019 from Chattanooga, Tennessee, according to a news release posted on Facebook by the Hamilton County District Attorney’s Office in Tennessee.

Investigators say Westbrook is holding Daphne against her will and they’re struggling to locate them because he is “an IT expert specializing in security, block chain technology and bitcoin.”

Brooke WolfordFri, March 5, 2021, 5:41 AM